Hello and a very Happy Thanksgiving week to all my paper crafting friends! Today I have something special to share with you and hope that I may be able to enlist your help with. In next few weeks my children and I are putting together 3D mini paper Christmas trees and delivering them on December 16th to children that will be spending their holiday in the cardiac unit at Nationwide Children's Hospital where my husband is a Cardiologist at. Along with the trees, my hope is to have a card for every child as well. However with so many rooms, it is difficult for me to accomplish this task alone. I need a little help from friends. So this holiday I am hosting my very first
"Hug A Heart" Cards Drive
Would you please help me reach out and hug a little child's heart this holiday by sending in a sweet simple children's holiday card? Many Thank You! to Donna Ellis and Linda Weber for passing words of my cards drive to others and for sending in cards as well. Also many thanks go to KT Fit Kitty, Rannah Romps, Carrie Sheridan, Jean Chaney and Jeanie Ellis for sending in cards already.
for anyone who send in their card to me by December 10th, I will give this new "A Snowman's Heart" drawing of mine as freebie. See Guidelines below.
OR, if you want to send in a card using this "A Snowman's Heart" image, you may request for it now by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: "Hug A Heart" Cards Drive.
PLEASE I ask that you DO NOT request for this image if you are not planning to create a card at all with it and unable to deliver to me by December 10th.
- Deadline - cards received by: DECEMBER 10th to:
P.O. Box 517
Dublin, Ohio 43017
- DO keep it simple and clean, appropriate for young children
- DO keep the message (sentiment) an overall general holiday cards theme since not all children celebrate Christmas or the holiday. Some suggestions are:
- Sending warm winter hugs
- Thinking of you and wishing you a happy holiday
- Sending all my hugs to you
- DO sign inside of card with your name(first name is fine) and location (EX: Mrs. Christina Hor of Ohio)
- NO loose glitters as that will get on hands and into eyes. Wink of Stella, heated glitters are fine. Glitter papers are okay too as long the glitters do not come loose when run fingers over.
- Allow embellishments as long as they are secure and won't come loose.
- NO need to enclosed an envelope if it is an A2 card (4.25x5.50).
- DO enclosed a note with your e-mail and full name so that I can e-mail my "A Snowman's Heart" drawing over to you.
I am so excited about my very first "Hug A Heart" cards drive and do hope you will be able to join me in spreading happiness to the heart of these little precious heart patients and brighten their day this holiday season by sending in one of your beautiful card.
Thank you so much for taking time away from your Thanksgiving holiday to visit me. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving!