SUPPLIES YOU’LL NEED:
- 3 different brances from the Concord & 9th “Take A Bough” Dies Set
- Sizzix Big Shot – I used the Express version
- Bamboo skewers – must be 1/8″ (3mm) or it won’t work
- 2″ wood cubes – can substitute with flower pot per Concord & 9th youtube tutorial
- Acrylic paint – white
- Paint brush
- Our Daily Bread Designs “Ornate Hearts” Dies Set (or any mini heart dies/punch)
- Green cardstock for branches (or any color of choice)
- Red glitter paper for hearts (or use foam adhesive hearts)
- A drill
- Stamps to decorate the wood block – I used Power Poppy “Nice Things To Say Midsummer Stunner” clear stamp set
- Ink pad to stamp with – I used Lawn Fawn BLACK LICORICE Premium Dye Ink
- Acrylic block to cling your stamp to
Each tree will need a total of 36 branches – 12 large, 12 medium and 12 small. Make sure to cut extra in case of tears along the way.
Step 1: Set your tree base & start with largest branch size first
Drill a hole down the center of the wood cube about 1/4 inch deep. Push in the bamboo skewer. Paint the wood cube (except the bottom) now or wait at the end.
There are 3 holes on each branch. Starting with the largest branch, twirl the skewer as you slide the branch in through the middle hole. By twirling, it will enlarge the hole and allow the branch to slide easily down. Do not force the branch through by pushing. You will tear it. Repeat for the remaining 11 large branch size, positioning each one at an angle as you go. See 3A step for bird-eye view.
Step 2: Repeat above step for the medium & small size branches.
Again, angle each branches as you go. For a thicker tree, stack the branches closer together.
Step 3: Cut 2 red hearts.
Apply glue on and adhere them together to the tip of the skewer. Now you have a double sided heart. You’ll need to press and hold for a few second.
TIP: To make it as a Christmas tree with a star topper, you can use the star that comes with the set.
Step 4: Decorate the tree and base.
Paint the wood cube with the acrylic paint. Give it two coats. Let dry before applying the second coat. Then using the tip of the paint brush, dab the white paint to the tip of the branches to create “snow.” Finally decorate the wood cube by stamping on the sentiment “Warm Hugs” from the Power Poppy’s Nice Things To Say Midsummer Stunner clear stamp set with the Lawn Fawn’s BLACK LICORICE premium dyke ink. This is a brand new ink pad to me but I absolutely love how clean, crisp and detail it came out!
TIP: For a Christmas tree, you can create snowflake garland with the snowflakes dies that came with the set.
FINISHED! A bird-eye view for you.