Hello! Today I am sharing another sweet card, heart-shaped dog made by Sofia, my 4-1/2 years old for the Cards for Little Hearts Card Drive. The current Heart-Themed cards collection runs until February 1st to celebrate heart patients during February’s Heart month. For the complete details and guidelines, please visit Cards for Little Hearts’ website.
Sofia had so much fun putting this card! It is easy and quick to make with very little adult’s help. Great for preschool age children. This kit was actually put together by one of my friend’s mom. She used the Silhouette Cameo vinyl machine to cut out the folded heart-shaped card base and individual heart pieces. But today, I will show an alternative way to make this card, using minimal supplies that can be found around the house.
HEART-SHAPED DOG | BY SOFIA
- Cardstock: white, black and red
- Googly eyes
- White, Gelly Roll pen
- Glue stick (TIP: Be Creative adhesive tape and glue dots were used here for a glue-free mess)
- On white cardstock, create an A2 or 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ size folded card base.
- Keeping the card base folded, sketch out a heart of at least 4″x4″ in size starting from the folded 5-1/2″ mark.
- Still keeping the card base folded, cut around the heart. You now have a folded heart-shaped base card.
- On black cardstock, draw and cut out two small hearts for eye and nose. Then, draw and cut out a large heart. Cut that in half to create 2 ears.
- On red cardstock, draw and cut out one small heart for the tongue.
- Decorating time for the kiddo!
- Adhere the ears to the back of the card base.
- Write out the sentiment BIG HUG on each side.
- On the front card base, adhere on eyes and nose
- Open up the card base and adhere the tongue to the inside bottom tip.
Thanks for stopping by to view Sofia’s heart-shaped dog card. Wishing you a lovely day ahead.