Hello! Today I am sharing a sweet card made by my 4-1/2 years old, Sofia for the Cards for Little Hearts Card Drive, featuring the Taylored Expressions’ Little Bits-Fox and On The Road-Wagon dies sets with the MFT Die-Namics Big Hello dies set. As a mom, I always look for ways to nurture empathy in my children and this card drive is one great opportunity to give them a lesson in that. Please consider getting your children, grandchildren and even students involve in making and sending in a card for the current Heart-Themed cards collection, runs until February 1st to celebrate heart patients during February’s Heart month. For the complete details and guidelines, please visit Cards for Little Hearts’ website.
Sofia LOVED putting this card together and loves getting the opportunity to play with my Sizzix Big Shot. But since she is only 4-1/2 years old, she needed adult supervision as there’s a lot of cutting involved.
HELLO LITTLE BITS FOX IN WAGON | BY SOFIA
- Taylored Expressions’ Dies Sets: Little Bits-Fox; On The Road-Wagon
- Alphabet Dies: MFT Die-Namics Big Hello
- Spellbinder Classic Nestabilities Rectangle-LG Etched Dies
- Heart Dies: Memory Box Stitched Heart Layered Open Studio Die
- Bazzill Cardstock: Licorice, Peppermint, Marshmallow (white), Gold Coin
- Recollections’ brown cardstock
- Heart Paper Pad: MFT Tiny Hearts Pastel 6X6 paper pad
- Tools: Tonic Maxi 12-Inch Guillontine paper trimmer; Sizzix Big Shot, Sizzix standard cutting pads; scissor
- Scoring board: Scor-Buddy, Mini
- Adhesive: double-sided adhesive foam, glue dots, Be Creative adhesive tape, Stick-It adhesive sheet
- Create an A2 or 4-1/4″x5-1/2″ size card base on Marshmallow cardstock.
- Die cut out an A2 size card frame on Tiny Hearts Pastel paper pad with Nestabilities Rectangle. Adhere it to the card base.
- Die cut out the stitched hearts.
- Die cut out red wagon and side rail-bar.
- Adhere double sided foam to the back of the Licorice cardstock and die cut out the outer wheels and handle.
- Adhere a piece of Stick-It adhesive sheet to the back of the Licorice, Marshmallow and Gold Coin cardstocks. Next, die cut out the fox, inner wheels and the big Hello word.
- Time for the kiddo to decorate!
- Assemble the fox and wheel pieces.
- Adhere the big Hello word to the tiny heart base frame. Then the stitched hearts right below with glue dots.
- Mount the fox on top of the pile hearts with foam tape.
- Adhere the red wagon slightly over the fox and gate it with the side rail-bar.
- Adhere on the wheels and handle.
Finished card. Signed with love and a silly emoji.
Thanks for stopping by and view Sofia’s project. Wishing you a lovely day ahead.