Hello! Two weeks ago I shared a card made by my youngest daughter Sofia, featuring the Taylored Expressions’ Little Bits – Fox and On The Road-Wagon dies sets. For today’s post, I am sharing a sweet hello card made by my oldest 10 years old daughter, Catherine using these same dies sets, combine with her own beautiful hand sketched background.Catherine’s card is also part of the Cards for Little Hearts Card Drive, runs until February 1st to celebrate heart patients during February’s Heart month. For the complete details and guidelines, please visit Cards for Little Hearts’ website.
HI THERE FOXY + HAND SKETCHED BACKGROUND | BY CATHERINE
SUPPLIES (Make 1 Card)
- Taylored Expressions’ dies sets: Little Bits-Fox; On The Road-Wagon
- Pile of hearts: Taylored Expressions’ Big Delivery Stamp & Dies set
- Grass dies set: MFT Grassy Hills
- Spellbinder Classic Nestabilities Rectangle-LG Etched Dies
- Bazzill Cardstock: Licorice, Peppermint, Marshmallow (white), Gold Coin, Easter Grass, Marshmallow Chick
- Recollections’ brown cardstock
- Heart Paper Pad: MFT Tiny Hearts Pastels 6X6 paper pad
- Tools: Tonic Maxi 12-Inch Guillontine paper trimmer; Sizzix Big Shot, Sizzix standard cutting pads; scissor
- Scoring board: Scor-Buddy, Mini
- Adhesive: double-sided adhesive foam, Be Creative adhesive tape, Stick-It adhesive sheet
- Colored pencils, #2 pencil, black pen – 0.5
TIP FOR CRAFTING WITH SMALL CHILDREN: Turn dies-cut products into “stickers-like” by adhering adhesive sheet to the back of the cardstock prior to die-cutting. This make it easier for them to adhere the pieces together, making craft-time more fun and leave no glue sticky fingers.
- Create an A2 or 4-1/4″x5-1/2″ size card base on Marshmallow Chick cardstock.
- Die cut out a card frame on Marshmallow (white) with Nestabilities Rectangle. Lightly sketched in the background in pencil. Then go over with black pen. Color with colored pencils and adhere to the card base.
- Stamp out the pile of hearts from the Big Delivery Stamp & Dies set onto Marshmallow (white). Color with colored pencils and fuzzy cut it out.
- Die cut out the grassy hills. One on Easter Grass and one on Tiny Hearts Pastels.
- Die cut out red wagon and side rail-bar.
- Adhere double sided foam to the back of the Licorice cardstock and die cut out the outer wheels and handle.
- Adhere a piece of Stick-It adhesive sheet to the back of the Licorice, Marshmallow and Gold Coin cardstocks. Next, die cut out the fox, inner wheels and assemble them.
- Adhere the Easter Grass hill to card base.
- Adhere the pile of hearts and wagon near the tree.
- Mount the fox on the opposite side of the wagon with foam tape.
- Finish by hand written in the Hi There! sentiment on the tiny hearts grassy hill and mount to the card base with foam tape.
Thanks for stopping by and view this sweet card by Catherine for the Cards for Little Hearts card drive. I hope you will be able to join me to bring smiles, hope and encouragement to heart patients during February’s Heart month. Wishing you a blessed day ahead.