Hello! Today I am sharing two heart-themed cards with a tip on how to add dimension to sentiment die cutting. This is a very fun technique that add a lovely finished to a card. All you need is a sentiment die set, a die cutting machine, cardstock and double sided adhesive sheet. This post is also part of the current Heart-Themed collection for the Cards for Little Hearts card drive. The deadline to send in cards is February 1st. For the complete details and card’s guidelines, please visit Cards for Little Hearts’ official website.
Dimensional Sentiment Die Cutting Heart-Themed Cards
Supplies (Make 2 Cards)
- Stamp: MFT Bitty Bears
- Stamp & die set: Hero Arts LOVE stamp & die set
- Ink pad: Memento’s Tuxedo Black
- Pen: Gelly Roll, white; Copic multiliner 0.5
- Copic marker: BV000, BV02, N0, colorless blender, E33, E35, E47, RV25, R35, R37, R46, Y08, Y17
- Tools: Tonic Maxi 12-Inch Guillontine paper trimmer; Sizzix Big Shot, Sizzix standard cutting pads; MISTI Mini; Scor-Buddy, Mini
- Adhesive: X-press It High Tack Adhesive Sheets; Scor-Tape; foam squares
- Create two, A2 or 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ size folded card base on Marshmallow.
- Die cut two, A2 Peppermint frames and adhere to the front of each card base.
- On Neenah cardstock, stamp out the two Bitty Bears with the heart and balloon. Then, stamp a tiny heart on the balloon. Color with Copic markers.
- Create Dimensional Sentiments: First, adhere the adhesive sheet to the back of Licorice cardstock. Next, die out out 3 LOVE sentiment and 3 SMILE sentiment. Then, carefully adhere all the LOVE sentiment on top of each other. Do the same for the SMILE sentiment. To achieve a thicker dimension, simply die cut and adhere more sentiment to the layers.
- For each card, die cut out two small rectangle frame. One in Marshmallow and one in Peppermint.
- Die cut out the Heart Sprinkle Wreath onto the Marshmallow frame. Adhere it on top of the Peppermint frame.
- Adhere each dimensional sentiment over the Heart Sprinkle Wreath.
- Adhere on the bitty bear with foam square.
- Next, stamp “Sending you” sentiment onto a stripe of cardstock and adhere it to the heart sprinkle wreath.
- Finally, adhere the heart sprinkle wreath frame to the card base.
The finished cards.
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a lovely and blessed day ahead.