Hello! My post for today is on how to perfectly ink blending grass around an image with
This post is also part of the current Heart-Themed collection for the Cards for Little Hearts card drive. The deadline to send in cards is February 1st. I hope you’ll be able to join me in this Heart-Themed collection for the Cards for Little Hearts card drive. Even if with just one card. That is ONE child’s life you’ll be making a big impact to this February’s Heart Month. For the complete details and card’s guidelines, please visit Cards for Little Hearts’ official website.
INK BLENDING GRASS AROUND IMAGE WITH MASKING TECHNIQUE
- Penny Black’s stamp set: So Loved; Kind Words
- Dies frames: Spellbinders Classic Nestabilities Rectangle – LG Etched dies
- MFT Die-Namics Grassy Hills
- Neenah Cardstock: Classic Crest Solar White
- Bazzill’s cardstock: Peppermint
- Ink pads: Memento’s Tuxedo Black; Hero Arts’ Green Apple
- Ranger’s ink blending tool, round
- Masking paper: Inkadinkado stamping mask paper
- Pen: Gelly Roll, white
- Tools: Tonic Maxi 12-Inch Guillotine paper trimmer; Sizzix Big Shot, Sizzix standard cutting pads; MISTI Mini
- Scoring board: Scor-Buddy, Mini
- Adhesive: Tombow Mono Adhesive-permanent
- Copic color combo: RV25, R35, R37, R46, R89, Y13, Y15, Y17, Y35, RV55, RV66, V06, BG07, B02, B05, B18, E40, E41, E43, N4, N6, N8
- Create an A2 or 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ size folded card base on Peppermint cardstock.
- Die cut a rectangle card frame on Neenah cardstock. Stamp on the dog image.
- Create the grass mask stencil by die-cutting one of the Grassy Hills onto the masking paper.
- Place the mask grassy hill over the bottom half of the dog. This
preventthe ink from getting on that area of the image. Apply additional masking paper over any other part of the image that you don’t want to get ink on. Like the little flower below the dog.
- Ink blending in the grass, working downward around and away from the dog, in gentle circular motions. Lighten your pressure as you go.
- Stamp on the “Just want to say hi there” sentiment over the grass.
- Add more hearts to the image by hand drawing in:
- a heart string down the bottom-left butterfly and
- three heart-shaped flowers.
- Color the image and adhere to the card base.
- Finish card. Thanks for stopping by to view my project.