Hello! For today’s post, I am sharing how to add sun ray behind an image using
with stencil technique. For my card, I am using this sweet cat from the same Penny Black’s So Loved clear stamp set that I have used on the previous card with the MFT’s Radiating Rays stencil. This technique also Masking to digital images as apply work with any ink pads. well
This post is also part of the current Heart-Themed collection for the Cards for Little Hearts card drive. The deadline to send in cards is February 1st. For the complete details and card’s guidelines, please visit Cards for Little Hearts’ official website.
STENCIL SUN RAY BEHIND IMAGE W/ MASKING TECHNIQUE
- Penny Black’s stamp set: So Loved
- Dies frames: Spellbinders Classic Nestabilities Rectangle – LG Etched dies
- MFT Die-Namics Grassy Hills
- Stencil: MFT’s Radiating Rays
- Neenah Cardstock: Classic Crest Solar White
- Cardstock: Reverse Confetti’s Baby Blue
- Memento’s Tuxedo Black ink pads
- Hero Arts’ Bold ink pads: Green Apple, Moss, Tangerine, Dandelion
- Ranger’s ink blending tool, round
- Masking paper: Sticky notes-full adhesive
- Tools: Tonic Maxi 12-Inch
paper trimmer; Sizzix Big Shot, Sizzix standard cutting pads; MISTI Mini; masking tape Guillontine
- Scoring board: Scor-Buddy, Mini
- Adhesive: Be Creative adhesive tape, double-sided foam tape,
- Copic color combo: RV25, R35, R37, R46, R89, Y13, Y15, Y17, YR24
pencils: Light Peach, Blanco Prismacolored
- White pen: Gelly Roll, 0.5
- Create an A2 or 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ size folded card base on Baby Blue cardstock.
- Die cut out a rectangle frame on Neenah cardstock. Stamp on the cat. Then stamp another cat onto the sticky notes-full adhesive and fuzzy cut it out to create the mask. Place the mask over the cat. This will prevent the inks from getting onto the image.
- Place the stencil, with the sun right on top of the masked cat. Secure the stencil and paper to the table with masking tape.
- Starting right from the top of the sun and working outward toward the rays, ink blend the entire stencil in Tangerine. Then, go over with Dandelion to lighten the outer rays.
- Remove stencil and mask cat to reveal a beautiful
sun raybehind the cat. Color the cat and adhere to the card base.
- Die cut out the Grassy Hills and ink blend them in Green Apple & Moss. Adhere two darker hills flat right below the cat’s feet. Then mount two lighter one on top with foam tape.
- Finish card.