Hello! In this post, I am sharing two cards of unicorns leaping over hand drawn rainbows in Copic. I have yet to meet any child that doesn’t love unicorns. Have you? So when Simon Says Stamp released this super cute Stamping Bella’s Unicorn Sentiments rubber stamp set a few weeks ago, I knew at first glance that I have to get it for my next monthly batch of cards for the little heart patients.
Compensated affiliate links used (at no additional cost to you).
On both cards, the unicorn was stamped onto the card panel first before hand drawing in the rainbow. However, for the second card, the sentiment was stamped onto a separate cardstock. Lightly hand-drawn in a speech bubble around it and fuzzy cut out before mounting to the card panel with foam squares for added dimension.
I love adding my own hand drawing to cards whenever I can. Especially when I don’t have the right stamp images to complete the design I was going for my cards. And so can you. Come, follow the tutorial below and give these two cards a try.
Make These Cards: Unicorns Leaping Over Rainbows
- Stamp set: Stamping Bella ‘Unicorn Sentiments‘ cling rubber stamp
- Cardstock: white (Neenah Solar White #80)
- Ink pad: Memento Tuxedo Black (awesome for Copic coloring)
- Glitter brush: Zig Wink of Stella – Clear
- Tools & adhesives: Guillotine paper trimmer, double-sided adhesive tape, acrylic block, foam squares, scoring board
- Other supplies:
- Copic markers in (rainbows) R46, R35, Y17, Y02, YG03, YG23, BG02, BG000, BV02, BV11; (unicorns) BG000, BG05, BG02, W00, R20
- scissor, pencil, eraser
- Create an A2 (4-1/4″x-5-1/2″) size card base on white (Neenah Solar White) cardstock.
- On A2 size card panel, stamp on the unicorn and color.
- Lightly draw in each color of the rainbow around the unicorn. Take care slowing down as you get near the unicorn. Start with a thin line first. Then thicken the width as you go before applying on the next color.
- Add glitter to the rainbow and the unicorn’s horn, mane and tail with Wink of Stella.
- For the sentiment You’re More Amazing, you can do this one of two ways…
- You can stamp the sentiment directly onto the card panel (like the top card on the right).
- Or…you can (like the bottom card on the left) stamp the sentiment onto a separate cardstock. Lightly pencil draw in a speech bubble. Then, fuzzy cut it out and mount to the card panel with foam squares for added dimension.
- Adhere card panel to the card front.