Hello. If you love the look of realistic stamping without any coloring effort, then you are absolutely going to love today’s post. In this post, I am sharing a fun technique calls Stamp Layering (aka Layered Stamping) to create this batch of beautiful, simple thank you cards featuring the Altenew’s Peony Bouquet clear stamp set. It’s quite simple and works for any stamp that comes in layers. I’ll explain below.
What is Stamp Layering Technique?
Basically, stamp layering is when you take different layers of the same stamp image and stamp one layer on top of another. This is a fantastic way to get that realistic look without any coloring effort. You can easily achieve this realistic look by stamping the layers in just one ink color. But, if you want your image to really pop, to achieve that bold look, then you will want to use at least two colors.
Typically a “layered” stamp image comes with at least a silhouette (solid) layer and the detail layer. The Altenew Peony Bouquet stamp set, which includes two peonies (and greenery) comes with four layers (silhouette, detail, fine detail and outline). For my cards, I am working only with the larger peony and three of its layers (silhouette, detail, and outline). I am also using three of the included leaves.
How To Stamp Layering Altenew’s Peony Bouquet
There is no right or wrong way to stamp the layers. You can start with the outline layer first if it helps guide you with the placement of the other layers. But for me, I find it easier to start with the silhouette layer first. I also find it is easier to do mass stamp layering using the MISTI stamping tool. But for my demonstration, I have each layer on three separate acrylic blocks.
Make This card: Just Wanted To Say “Thank You”
- Stamp & die set:
- Ink pads in:
- Bazzill Cardstock: (White) Marshmallow; (Blue) Candy Pearls; (Black) Licorice Twist; (Yellow) Marshmallow Chick; (Green) Easter Grass
- Adhesive: foam tape; double-sided adhesive tape
- Machines: Sizzix Big Shot; Scor-Buddy Mini Scoring Board; paper trimmer
- For each card, stamp layering out two peonies and 3 leaves onto Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock.
- Create A2 (or 4-1/4″x5-1/2″) size folded cards.
- Cut out white panels to size 3-3/4″x5-1/2″.
- Stamp the sentiment “Just wanted to say thank you” onto the bottom left of each white panels.
- Adhere on the peonies (top one with foam tapes) and leaves.
- Adhere the white panel to the right of each front card base, exposing a strip of the card base color to the left.
- For the inside of the card, adhere a piece of white or light color cardstock. Stamp or handwritten out your inside message.