Hello. Last week I’ve shared a video tutorial on embossed resist technique. If you’ve missed the post, I hope you will check it out HERE. In the video, I demonstrated the technique using three different types of ink blending tools.
For today’s card tutorial, I am sharing another card I made for the Cards for Little Hearts card drive using the same Spellbinders’ Build-A-Panda Die D-Lites with the Hero Arts’ Tropical Foliage Bold Prints cling stamp from that last embossed resist video post. I really love working with this little panda. It has a very sweet and gentle facial expression that just melt my heart.
Compensated affiliate links used (at no additional cost to you).
- Stamps: Hero Arts’ Tropical Foliage Bold Prints; Hero Arts’ Prayers Stamp & Cut
- Dies: Spellbinders’ Build-A-Panda Die D-Lites; MFT’s Double the Smiles; Spellbinders’ Nestabilities Classic Rectangles LG Etched Dies; Memory Box Woodland Glimpse Collage
- Ink Pad: Hero Arts’ Bold Ink – Moss; Ranger’s Emboss It – Clear
- Cardstock: Bazzill Marshmallow, Bazzill Licorice Twist; Bazzill Peppermint; Bazzill Juicy Pear
- Embossing: Ranger’s Super Fine embossing powder – White; Inkadinkado embossing magic bag
- Tools: Sizzix Big Shot, Sizzix magnetic platform, Sizzix cutting pad, MISTI, embossing gun, paper trimmer, scoring board
- Other Supplies: Ranger’s enamel accent-white (for eyes); black multiliner (for mouth), foam adhesive tape, adhesive
- Create an A2 (4-1/4″x5-1/2″) top fold size card base on Marshmallow (white) cardstock.
- Die cut an A2 (4-1/4″x5-1/2″) size card panel on Juicy Pear (green). Adhere to front of card base.
- Stamp tropical foliage in moss onto Marshmallow (white) cardstock. Trim and adhere to card panel.
- Die cut out the woodland glimpse collage on Marshmallow (white) cardstock. Trim and adhere over the stamped tropical foliage layer with foam tapes for added dimension.
- Die cut and assemble all the panda pieces together. Draw in mouth and add in white eyes with enamel accent. Position it inside the woodland glimpse collage with foam tape.
- Die cut out the Smile on peppermint cardstock and adhere in front of the panda.
- Heat emboss Sending You sentiment in white on a stripe of Licorice Twist (black) cardstock. Adhere midway over the smile.
Below are the supplies I used on this project. Compensated affiliate links used, except for those in (*) (at no additional cost to you). All products were personally purchased. Affiliate programs & products disclosure can be found HERE. Thank you for your support.