Video: Embossed Resist 3 ways
In the video below, I demonstrate how to embossed resist the Hero Arts’ Tropical Foliage Bold Print cling stamp with three different ink blending tools: (1)
For HD mode, please watch the video HERE.
Make These Cards: Lots of Love Panda
- Stamp: Hero Arts’ Tropical Foliage Bold Prints
- Dies: Penny Black’s A Lot of Love; Spellbinders’ Build-A-Panda Die D-Lites; Spellbinders’ Nestabilities Classic Rectangles – LG Etched Dies
- Inks: Hero Arts Bold Inks in Dandelion, Orchid and Aegean
- Cardstock: Bazzill Marshmallow & Bazzill Licorice Black
- Tools: Ink blending tool; Sizzix Big Shot; Sizzix cutting pad; Sizzix platform
- Other Supplies: paper trimmer; scoring board; foam mounting tape; adhesive sheet; adhesive tape; damp paper towel
- Create an A2 (4-1/4″x5-1/2″) top fold size card base on Marshmallow (white) cardstock. Set aside.
- Die cut out and assemble all the panda pieces together. Set aside.
- Adhere a piece of adhesive sheet to the back of the Licorice (black) cardstock. Turn over and die cut out the A Lot of Love sentiment on the non-adhesive side. Set aside.
- Embossed resist the tropical foliage following the steps below (or watch the video tutorial above):
- Dust white cardstock thoroughly with the embossing magic bag. Then, place the cardstock into the MISTI stamping tool.
- Attached the tropical foliage cling stamp to the MISTI’s lid. Ink it well with clear embossing ink. Press lid over cardstock.
- Remove the cardstock from the MISTI and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
- With your favorite blending tool, ink blend over the entire white embossed foliage.
- Carefully wipe the ink off the embossed foliage with a damp paper towel to reveal a stunning white foliage impression!
- Trim the embossed resist cardstock to an A2 (4-1/4″x5-1/2″) size card panel. Adhere to the card base front.
- Adhere the A Lot of Love sentiment and panda (for added dimension, use foam tape) to the card panel.
- Repeat steps for 2nd card. Optional – for a touch of sparkle, carefully brush on wink of stella all over the sentiment and panda.