Hello and welcome to Cards for Little Hearts’ 2018 Winter & Holiday card drive! I started this card drive back in 2016 and the purpose of Cards for Little Hearts is to bring smiles, hope and encouragement to congenital heart patients with handmade cards. Currently we deliver the cards to two Heart Centers in Ohio – Nationwide Children’s Hospital Heart Center and The University Hospital Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital.
TYPES of CARDS ACCEPTING
- Winter-Themed design cards using general and/or winter related sentiments
- Season Greetings cards and Happy Holiday cards. [Please keep holiday cards non-religious specific (no religious symbols or sentiment like Hanukkah and Kwanzaa)]
- “Merry Christmas” cards are acceptable. But if possible, we encourage using “Happy Holiday” or make a few extra cards to say “Happy Holiday” as not all the patients & their family celebrate Christmas. It also helps make it so much easier for the staff to distribute out the cards.
- Acceptable Images: any winter and holiday images like woodland creatures, people, snowman, reindeer, elves and even Santa are acceptable. Also acceptable are pre-colored images and die-cuts. (For health safety of the children, we are unable to accept cards made in a smoking environment.)
Keep cards fun and cheerful. Use happy color.
AGE GROUP NEED CARDS FOR: ages 1 – college grad.
CARD SIZE: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (A2), 5″x7″ and square cards no larger than 5″x5″
FRONT OF CARD: must include sentiment
INSIDE OF CARD: depending on WHO is making the card…
- Card made by a child: have the child signs the inside with his/her first name, city and age. Example: Love, Sofia from Ohio, age 4. Include a short message too if he/she wants to (this will make the patient receiving the card feel like he/she is receiving a sweet card from a pen-pal).
- Card made by an adult – leave inside blank. The staff will be writing a personal message to each child before signing.
If using dark colored paper card base, do please adhere a white or light color piece of paper to the inside to make it easier for patients to read the message from the staff.
BACK OF CARD (OPTIONAL): You may include your full name (or nickname). If you like, you may also download our card labels and adhere them to your cards along with your name. Please do not include any other personal (as well business) information such as email, mailing address or phone number. Hospital staff will not be able to distribute cards with these information.
PACK & MAIL YOUR CARDS
DO NOT INCLUDE ENVELOPES. We will be packing the cards individually into clear bag to keep them protected.
MAIL CARDS TO:
c/o Cards for Little Hearts
P.O. Box 517
Dublin ~ Ohio 43017
Share The Message