Hello and happy 1st day of November! For today’s card tutorial, I have a clean and simple Jolly Friends Happy Holidays card to share with you featuring Penny Black’s Jolly Friends stamp set.
This post is also part of Cards for Little Hearts’ Winter & Holiday Cards Collection. This collection is now closed. Thank you to all my blogger friends that were able to participate. I will post a final card count later this month as there are still a few more packages currently in-transit. If you did not get a chance to participate in this collection, there will be another opportunity in January for the Heart-Themed Thinking of You Cards Collection. I also organize the General Cards collection monthly (except December). Both guidelines are already available on Cards for Little Hearts’ website if you would like a head start. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
Jolly Friends Happy Holidays
This card is all about allowing yourself to relax and just have fun with coloring and ink blending.
SUPPLIES: (stamps) Penny Black Jolly Friends; MFT Hand-Lettered Holiday Greetings (die cut) MFT’s Hit The Slopes (cardstock) Bazzill’s Marshmallow; Neenah Solar White (ink pads) Memento Tuxedo Black; Simon Says Stamp Hot Mama; Simon Says Stamp Lake Shores (glitters) Cosmic Shimmer Frosty Dawn Sparkle Texture Paste (tools) coloring medium of choice (I used copic markers), Sizzix Big Shot; cutting pads; paper trimmer; craft scissor; palette knife; ink blending tool; acrylic block (adhesive) foam tape; double-sided tape
- Create A2 size card base (4-1/4″x5-1/2″) on white.
- Die cut an A2 matted white card panel. Stamp on “Happy Holidays” Sentiment.
- Die cut a hill from bottom of card panel. Spread on sparkle texture paste. Set aside to dry.
- Ink blend in sky background below “Happy Holidays” sentiment. Adhere panel to card front.
- On Neenah cardstock, stamp and color the images. Fuzzy cut and adhere them to card panel with foam tape.
- Spread sparkle texture paste over onto tree and ground.
- Mount die-cut hill to card front with foam tape.