Hello! Today, I would like to closed the year 2018 with a 3 parts tutorial. Merry Christmas! May the Christmas season fill your home with joy, your heart with love and your life with laughter. See you in 2019 with the launch of the next Cards for Little Hearts’ 2019 Heart-Themed Card Collection, starting on January 2nd!
In this 3 parts tutorial post, you will learn how to…
TUTORIAL #1: ADD SPARKLES TO DIE CUT USING HEAT EMBOSSED
SUPPLIES: die cut piece, embossing ink, embossing powder, heat gun, nonstick craft mat, coffee filter (or a piece of printing paper)
- Place your die cut piece onto a nonstick mat.
- Firmly press the embossing ink pad all over the die cut piece.
- Transfer the inked die cut piece to a coffee filter (or printing paper).
- Cover the die cut piece completely with embossing powder. Tap off excess.
- Melt the embossing powder with a heat gun.
Tutorial #2: ADD SPARKLES TO DIE CUT USING SILK MICROFINE GLITTER
SUPPLIES: Die cut piece, double-sided adhesive sheet, Elizabeth Craft Designs Silk Microfine glitter, cardstock, printing paper, Sizzix Big Shot machine
- Adhere double-sided adhesive sheet to cardstock. Important! Do NOT remove the protective layer.
- Place the die on top of the adhesive side and feed through the Big Shot machine.
- Remove the protective layer and cover the die-cut piece completely with glitter. Tap off excess.
- Place a piece of printing paper over the glitter die-cut piece and rub firmly with your palm. Remove the paper and tap off any excess glitter.
- Now try running your fingers over the glitter die-cut piece. There should not be any glitter on your fingers.
TUTORIAL #3: CREATE A GLITTERING AIRIN BIRD CHRISTMAS CARD
SUPPLIES: (Mama Elephant stamps) Season’s Wishes (Memory Box Co Dies) Airin Bird, Airin Bird Background, Jasper Leave (ink pad) Versamark Embossing ink, VersaFine Clair-Glamorous (embossing powder) Ranger Embossing-Turquoise (Glitter) Elizabeth Craft Silk Microfine Glitter-True Red (Bazzill cardstock) Marshmallow, Peppermint (tools) Sizzix Big Shot; cutting pads; paper trimmer; scoreboard, heat gun, non-stick mat, acrylic block (or MISTI) (adhesive) double-sided adhesive sheet, double-sided adhesive tape, foam squares (or tape)
- Create a side folded 4-1/4″x6″ size card on a 8-1/4″x6″ size peppermint cardstock. Score at the 4″ mark to create a 4″x6″ card front, exposing the inside card by 1/4″.
- Stamp sentiment to bottom-center of 4″x6″ white card panel with VersaFine Clair Glamorous ink pad. Adhere to card front.
- Die cut out the Jasper Leave wreath TWICE on white cardstock. Heat emboss one in turquoise. (See TUTORIAL #1 above)
- With the turquoise on bottom, adhere both wreaths to the card panel with foam square.
- Die cut out the Airin Bird Background and apply on the Silk Microfine True Red glitter. (see TUTORIAL #2 above)
- Adhere double-sided adhesive sheet to white cardstock, keeping the protective layer on. Flip over and die cut out the Airin Bird. Then, adhere it over the red glitter Airin Bird Background die cut.
- Mount the bird on top of the wreaths with foam square.