The magic of a little white pen. Hello! Today I hope to inspire you to try something new – creating a WOW factor to cards with a simple white pen! You can use any white pen. Including Sharpie. Here I am using my favorite brand, the Uni-ball white gel pen to hand written in the sentiment and doodle in the background. The cards also feature the sweet elephant from my very own Heart Balloons Elephant digital image, Lawn Fawn and My Favorite Things’ dies products and Taylored Exprssions’ embossing folder.
This post is also part of my Cards for Little Hearts’ 2019 Heart-Themed Card Collection. This collection will promptly end on January 31st. For the complete guideline and mailing address, please visit Cards for Little Hearts’ official website. As a thank you, I will be giving away this Heart Balloons Elephant image to everyone that help send in a card! Please consider participating and help us bring a smile to children living with congenital heart condition during next month Heart Month.
. . . . . .
Tutorial – Doodling With White Pen On Red Heart Cards
SUPPLIES: (digital stamp set) Christina Hor’s Heart-Balloons Elephant (die cut) Lawn Fawn’s Outside In Stitched Heart Stackables; Lawn Fawn’s Lacy Heart Stackables; MFT’s Die-Namics A2 stitched Rectangle STAX set 1 (embossing folder) Taylored Expressions’ Diagonal Stripe (Bazzill brand cardstock) Marshmallow & Peppermint (inks) Uni-Ball Gel white pen; multiliner black pen (tools) Sizzix Big Shot; cutting pads; paper trimmer; bone fold (adhesive) craft glue, foam tape
- Create an A2 (4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″) top-folded card in peppermint.
- Texture emboss diagonal stripe to an A2 Marshmallow card panel. Then, die cut it with the stitched rectangle. Adhere to card front.
- Die cut 2 scalloped hearts. One in peppermint. One in Marshmallow. Adhere to the diagonal stripe textured card panel (with the peppermint scalloped heart on the bottom).
- Die cut one peppermint stitched heart. With white pen, write sentiment around the edge.
- Open Microsoft Word. Insert the Elephant image into the document, resize and print. After coloring, fussy cut out the elephant and mount it to center of the heart with foam tape. Then, with white pen, draw in background to complete the scene.
- Adhere the illustrated heart over the scalloped heart.