Hello! For today’s card tutorial, I am sharing another card featuring Penny Black’s Love Train and Lovely Border die. This post is also part of Cards for Little Hearts’ 2019 Heart-Themed Card Collection. This collection will promptly end on January 31st. For the complete guideline and mailing address, please visit Cards for Little Hearts’ official website. Also, as a thank you, I will be giving away my latest digital drawing Heart Balloons Elephant to everyone that send in a card! Please consider participating and help bring a smile to children living with congenital heart condition during next month Heart Month.
. . . . . .
SUPPLIES: (stamp set) Heffy Doodle Yappy Happy Mail (die cut) Penny Black’s Love Train and Lovely Border; MFT’s Slanted Sentiment Strips; Simon Says Stamp’s Bunny Hugs & Bear Hugs (cardstock) Bazzill’s Marshmallow; Candy Necklace, Licorice Twist and Peppermint; Neenah Desert Storm (inks) Uni-Ball Gel white pen; multiliner black pen, white ink pad (tools) Sizzix Big Shot; cutting pads; paper trimmer; craft scissor; scoreboard, craft knife (adhesive) double-sided tape, glue, foam tape
- Create a side-folded A2 size card base (4-1/4″x5-1/2″) on Candy Necklace cardstock.
- Die cut the largest Lovely Border in Marshmallow and adhere the card panel to card front.
- Die cut out the Love Train, twice. One in Marshmallow. One in Licorice Twrist. With the Marshmallow layer on the bottom, mount the train to card panel with foam tape.
- With white pen, carefully add faux stitches across the black train.
- Die cut out the bear, twice. One in Peppermint. One in Desert Storm. With the Peppermint layer on the bottom, adhere bear to card panel. Draw in the face.
- Die cut the bunny, twice. One in Peppermint. One in Candy Necklace. With the Peppermint layer on bottom, adhere bunny to card panel. Draw in the face.
- Die cut out a few hearts in Peppermint using the bear or bunny die. Adhere hearts above the train to create “smoke”.
- Stamp sentiment on Candy Necklace cardstock in white ink. Die cut out with the slanted sentiment strip. (Tip: use white pen to trace over the sentiment if it not bold enough). Mount to card panel with foam tape.