Hello! For today’s card tutorial, I am sharing how to create a 3D scalloped heart-shaped card with pocket that you can use to slip in just about anything – from a gift card to tiny embellishments like these cute mini die cut bunny and bear. This is the second set of cards my three kiddos and I made together for heart patients. The cards feature the Lawn Fawn’s Outside In Stitched Heart Stackables, Lawn Fawn’s Lacy Heart Stackables, MFT’s slider channel die and Simon Says Stamp’s Bunny Hugs & Bear Hugs die set.
This post is also part of Cards for Little Hearts’ 2019 Heart-Themed Card Collection. This collection will promptly end on January 31st. For the complete guideline and mailing address, please visit Cards for Little Hearts’ official website. As a thank you, I will be giving away my latest digital drawing Heart Balloons Elephant to everyone that send in a card! Please consider participating and help bring a smile to children living with congenital heart condition during next month Heart Month.
. . . . . .
Tutorial: 3D Scalloped Heart-Shaped Card With Pocket
SUPPLIES: (die cut) Lawn Fawn’s Outside In Stitched Heart Stackables; Lawn Fawn’s Lacy Heart Stackables; MFT’s slider channel; SSS Bear Hugs; SSS Bunny Hugs (Bazzill brand cardstock) Marshmallow & Peppermint (inks) Uni-Ball Gel white pen; multiliner black pen (tools) Sizzix Big Shot; cutting pads; paper trimmer; bone fold (adhesive) craft glue, foam tape
- Die cut one scalloped heart in Marshmallow.
- Die cut 3 stitched hearts in Peppermint.
- Adhere one Peppermint heart over the scalloped heart.
- With the second Peppermint heart, cut out a pocket in the center with the slider channel die. Then, hand write in the sentiment with white pen. Apply foam tape to the back, along the edge. Adhere the pocket heart to the heart card base.
- Die cut the bunny and bear. Draw in their face. Then slip them into the pocket.
- Score the last Peppermint heart about 1/4″ off from the top, fold inward and adhere the folded flap to the back of the scalloped heart.
- You now have a top folded heart-shaped card.
- In order for the card to stand up, slightly trim off the bottom tip of the back Peppermint heart.
- See photo below for a pictorial step-by-step instruction.