Hello! For today’s card tutorial, I am sharing how I use a die cut picket fence to make the railroad track for my set of 4 Love Train cards. The cards feature Penny Black’s latest release Love Train and Lovely Border die sets along with Memory Box’s Evergreen Landscape die and Mama Elephant’s picket fence die.
This post is also part of Cards for Little Hearts’ 2019 Heart-Themed Card Collection. This collection will promptly end on January 31st. For the complete guideline and mailing address, please visit Cards for Little Hearts’ official website. Also, as a thank you, I will be giving away my latest digital drawing Heart Balloons Elephant to everyone that
Tutorial: Love Train In Lovely Border (Black & Pink Version)
To keep the post short, for this tutorial I will share how to create just the black die cut love train on pink card version. If you like to make the other 3 cards version as well, then please check out the Supplies – Where To Shop section below for the complete supplies list.
TIP: The white stitches on the train and letters die is made using the white Uni-Ball Gel pen.
SUPPLIES: (die cut) Penny Black’s Love Train and Lovely Border; Memory Box’s Evergreen Landscape; Mama Elephant’s Picket Fence, MFT’s A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX set 2 (cardstock) Bazzill’s Marshmallow, Licorice Twist, Spearmint and Candy Hearts (ink) Uni-Ball Gel white pen (tools) Sizzix Big Shot; cutting pads; paper trimmer; craft scissor; scoreboard (adhesive) double-sided tape, glue, foam tape, foam sheet
- Create A2 size card base (4-1/4″x5-1/2″) on Candy Hearts cardstock.
- Die cut the largest Lovely Border in Marshmallow and adhere the panel to card front.
- Die cut the stitched rectangle in Spearmint. Then die cut the top half off with the Evergreen Landscape. Mount to the Lovely Border card panel with foam tape.
- Create the railroad track with the picket fence. Adhere to card panel.
- Die cut out the Love Train, twice. One in Candy Hearts. One in Licorice Twrist. With the Candy Hearts layer on the bottom, mount the train over railroad track with foam tape.
- Die cut the LOVE sentiment, twice. One in Candy Hearts. One in Licorice Twist. With the Licorice Twist layer on bottom, adhere the letters above the train’s boxcars.
- With white pen, carefully add faux stitches across the train and on the L O V E letters.
- Finish with die cut smoke on white foam sheet.
- Repeat step 1-8 for the other 3 cards. See Supplies-Where To Shop section below for the complete supplies list.