Tutorial – Stinkin’ Cute Skunk, Heart Tree & Ribbon Heart
Supplies: (stamp set) Lawn Fawn Stinkin’ Cute Clear Stamp (die sets) Poppy Stamps Ribbon Heart Sidekick Frame; MFT Heart Tree Die-Namics; MFT Grassy Hills Die-Namics (ink pads) black ink pad (cardstock) Bazzill Peppermint (red); Bazzill Spearmint Stick (green); Bazzill Marshmallow (white); Neenah Solar White 80#; Neenah Desert Storm (brown) (tools) Sizzix Big Shot machine; cutting pads; Sizzix multipurpose platform; paper trimmer; Scor-Pal scoring board; bone folder; scissor; glue; foam tapes; double-sided adhesive sheets (others) white pen; black pen; coloring medium of choice ( I used Copic markers with Prismacolor colored pencils)
1. Create a side-folded A2 (4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″) size card base from a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2 size peppermint cardstock. Score at the 4-1/4″ mark.
2. Adhere double-sided adhesive sheet to a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ white cardstock. (CAUTION: Do not remove the second protective layer backing.)
3. Trim cardstock in half to get two pieces.
4. Die cut both cardstock pieces out with the Ribbon Heart Sidekick frame (placing the die on the non-adhesive side of the cardstock). (TIP: Release die cut pieces easily from cardstock – place Sizzix release sheets between the die and cardstock)
5. Remove the protective layer backing.
6. Stack both Ribbon Heart frames on top of each other to the card front.
7. Die cut out Heart Tree in 3 colors: Spearmint Stick (green), Peppermint (red) and Desert Storm (brown). (TIP: Instead of 3 trees, simply die cut just 1 tree out in white. Then color or ink blend it out.)
8. Adhere tree to the left-side white frame of the Ribbon Heart.
9. With white pen, add in faux dots to hearts and random leaves.
10. Next, adhere on two layers of grassy hills using foam tapes.
11. Stamp, color and cut out the skunk. Adhere it over the grass. Left side.
12. Create a “Sending Hugs” road sign on brown cardstock.
13. Tug road sign behind grass, secure with foam tape.