♥ Today’s Tutorial Focus On: Turning an A2 folded card into invitations for kids’ birthday party…
From a kid’s birthday party to a grand wedding celebration, invitations typically come as a flat card. But for today’s tutorial, I am sharing how I turned a top-folded, A2 size card into invitations for my youngest girl’s 6th birthday celebration using the Sizzix Framelits Cupcake Fold-Its Die Set. PLEASE NOTE. This product has been discontinued over at Sizzix website. But you can still find it over at Scrapbook.com HERE.
. . . . . .
Tutorial – A2 Top-Folded Cupcake Birthday Invitation
- (die-cut) Sizzix Framelits Die Set 7PK-Cupcake Fold-Its
- (cardstock) Bazzill brand in Marshmallow, Candy Necklace & Candy Heart; MFT brand in Grape Jelly and Lemon Drop
- (tools) Sizzix Big Shot; cutting pads; paper trimmer; bone fold
- (adhesive) double-sided tape, craft glue, foam tape, double-sided adhesive sheet
Additional supplies – Microsoft Word software, computer/laptop, and printer to create & print out invitation wording.
- Create Top-Folded A2 Card Base:
- Create an A2 (4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″) top-folded, rectangle card base in cardstock color of choice.
- Place the cupcake framelit over the cardstock. TIP: Make sure to align the marking show on the framelit to the folded line of the card base for the perfect cut. Cut out the folded card base.
- Repeat for the numbers of card base needed.
- Decorate Front Folded Card Base:
- Choose a second color cardstock for the cupcake filler. Next, adhere double-sided adhesive sheet to one side. Then, die-cut with the cupcake filler. Adhere the filler to the folded card base front.
- Die-cut out white frosting and mount it over the cupcake filler with foam tape.
- Die-cut out color sprinkles and decorate the white frosting.
- Create Invitation Layer
- Open Microsoft Word software.
- Change paper format to 2 columns.
- Type out the invitation information on the first column. Then, copy and paste it into the 2nd column. You now have 2 invitations on one single page!
- Print out the number of invitation needed and cut out using the cupcake framelit.
- Adhere to the inside of the card base.
- Optional – To create the Book Request layer, follow the same format in Step 3.
- Create the Recipient Name Stripe in Microsoft Word software. Change font size 12. Font type Arial. Print, cut and adhere over the cupcake filler.
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 7PK - Cupcake Fold-its
- Price: $19.99
- Grape Jelly Card Stock
- Lemon Drop Card Stock
- Sizzix BIG SHOT MACHINE Gray And White 660425
- Price: $119.99
- Sizzix Accessory - Cutting Pads, Standard, 1 Pair
- Price: $10.99
- Be Creative Tape TAPE SHEET Double Sided Pack of 5
- Price: $13.19