Hello! Welcome to Cards for Little Hearts’ 2019 Winter-Theme & Holiday Card Drive! I started this card drive back in 2016 and the purpose of Cards for Little Hearts is to bring smiles, hope, and encouragement to congenital heart patients with handmade cards. This is my 4th-year organizing this collection. I feel so blessed and thankful to many of my fellow crafty friends for not only help spread the word about Cards for Little Hearts but also returning each year to take part in this Winter/Holiday cards collection. It is the biggest collection of the year and I hope that you too will be able to join us. Even if you are able to get only one card made, please send it in. That’s one child’s life that you will brighten and make a huge difference in this upcoming winter holiday season.
My Cards – For Your Inspiration
For your inspiration, here are my cards contributing to this collection. I will be sharing a tutorial on each individual card throughout this month. I hope you will come back and check them out. The first tutorial will be posted later this week on Thursday.
TYPES of CARDS ACCEPTING
- Winter-Theme design cards using general and/or winter-related sentiments. (EX: Sending Warm Wishes, Happy Holiday, Thinking of You)
- Season Greetings cards and Happy Holiday cards. [Please keep holiday cards non-religious specific (no religious symbols or sentiments like Hanukkah and Kwanzaa)]
- “Merry Christmas” cards are acceptable. But if possible, we encourage using “Happy Holiday” or make a few extra cards to say “Happy Holiday” as not all the patients & their family celebrate Christmas. It also helps make it so much easier for the staff to distribute out the cards.
- Acceptable Images: any winter and holiday images like woodland creatures, people, snowman, reindeer, elves and even Santa are acceptable. Also acceptable are pre-colored images and die-cuts.
- For the health safety of the children, we are unable to accept cards made in a smoking environment.
- Cards MUST be handmade. Recyclable store-bought cards NOT acceptable. Keep cards fun and cheerful. Use happy color.
- AGE GROUP TO MAKE FOR: ages 1 – college grad.
- CARD SIZE: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (A2), 5″x7″ and square cards no larger than 5″x5″
- FRONT OF CARD: need a sentiment.
- INSIDE OF CARD: depending on WHO is making the card…
- card made by a child: have the child signs the inside with his/her first name, city, and age. Example: Love, Sofia from Ohio, age 4. Include a short message too if he/she wants to (this will make the patient receiving the card feel like he/she is receiving a sweet card from a pen-pal).
- card made by an adult – leave inside blank. The staff will be writing a personal message to each child before signing.
If using dark-colored paper card base, do please adhere a white or light color piece of paper to the inside to make it easier for patients to read the message from the staff.
- BACK OF CARD (OPTIONAL): You may include your full name (or nickname). If you like, you may also download our card labels and adhere them to your cards along with your name. Please do not include any other personal (as well as business) information such as email, mailing address or phone number. Hospital staff will not be able to distribute cards with these pieces of information.
PACK & MAIL YOUR CARDS
DO INCLUDE: Card acknowledge form with your cards so we have a way of notifying you that your cards been received.
DON’T INCLUDE ENVELOPES. We will be packing the cards individually into clear bags to keep them protected.
MAIL CARDS TO:
c/o Cards for Little Hearts
P.O. Box 517
Dublin ~ Ohio 43017
Share The Message
Please help spread words about Cards for Little Hearts with other fellow card-makers by displaying this logo on your blog’s sidebar. Use hashtag #cardsforlittleheartscarddrive when sharing on social media.