Have you ever tried coloring with die-cut before? It is quite fun and easy. It also brings the beauty of the die to live. For my tutorial today, I am sharing a set of 8 die-cut holiday cards colored in Copic. But you can achieve the same result with any coloring mediums – colored pencils, ink pads, and even watercolor. For my cards, I used Watching Deer Circle with Snowy Tree Circle die sets from Memory Box. The yellow background was ink blended with Hero Arts’ Ombre Spring Brights. The sentiment is from Altenew’s Holiday Wishes.
This post is also part of my Cards for Little Hearts’ Winter-Theme & Holiday Cards Collection. We are in the last week of the collection. The card drive will end promptly this Friday, November 1st.
Card | Die-Cut Holiday Cards In Copic
- (stamps) Altenew Holiday Wishes
- (die-cut) Memory Box Snowy Tree Circle and Watching Deer Circle, Simon Says Stamp Basic Rectangles
- (cardstock) Neenah Solar White, Reverse Confetti Salsa
- (ink pads) Simon Says Stamp Intense Black, Hero Arts Ombre Spring Brights
- (Glitters) Creative Creations Cosmic Cosmic Shimmer Glitter texture paste in Frosty
- (tools) ink blending tool, palette spatula, MISTI, Sizzix Big Shot, cutting pads, paper trimmer, metal snipper, acrylic block, bone folder, Ranger Enamel Accents-White
- (other) Copic markers in ( YG07, YG09, YG13, YG17, YG99, E42, E55, E57), foam tape, double-sided adhesive
- Create an A2 size (4-1/4″x5-1/2″) side folded card base using Salsa cardstock.
- On a 3.5″x3.5″ white cardstock, cut out the deer circle and color. Copic combo: E42, E55, E57.
- Cut out a rectangle frame using white cardstock.
- Stamp on the Holiday Wishes sentiment at the center bottom using the MISTI.
- Cut out the tree circle at the top center and color. Copic combo: YG13 (base), YG99, YG17, YG09, YG07.
- Add a glittering snowy ground with Cosmic Shimmer Glitter texture paste.
- Adhere on top of the deer layer with double-sided tape.
- Cut a second rectangle frame and ink blend in a yellow sky. Adhere to the back of the tree-deer frame with foam tape. Then, adhere to the card front with double-sided tape.
- Pipe on “snow” with white enamel accent to the yellow sky to complete the scene.
Cards for Little Hearts
Here is another look at all the card designs I have created for my Cards for Little Hearts’ 2019 Winter-Theme & Holiday card drive. Click on each photo to take you back to each individual tutorial post. Thank you so much to all my crafty friends that take part in this collection. I will post an update with photos of cards received later in November prior to the delivery.
I respect and take the privacy of my users seriously. Thus, effective June 2018, this blog no longer enables comment form on blog posts to ensure that the privacy of your personal data (that directly provided by you when you leave a comment which typically includes your name, username, email and the comment itself) is protected.
Have questions or need to get in touch with me? Please use the contact form below.