Hello! My tutorial today is a set of 3 winter and holiday cards made using dies from Simon Says Stamp and Marianne Design paired with sentiments from Honey Bee Stamps and Altenew. I used the puppy, body, outfits and candy canes from the Big Picture Book Puppy, Big Picture Book Little Body, Kim’s Buddies, and Tiny Candy Canes die sets. For the sentiments, I use Warm Wishes and Holiday Wishes stamp sets. I then cut a piece of 1″x1″ cardstock to create the tiny folded card for the puppy to hold.
This post is also part of my Cards for Little Hearts’ Winter-Theme & Holiday Cards Collection. This collection runs from October 1st – November 1st. Please consider sending in a card or two and help us bring joy and comfort to heart patients this holiday season. For the complete guidelines, please check out Cards for Little Hearts’ website.
Big Picture Book Puppy Winter & Holiday Wishes
I absolutely love the Big Picture Book Puppy and Big Picture Book Little Body wafer die sets! The sets are so versatile. You can make cards for any occasion as well as use them on other papercraft projects. Like decoration for party favor bags or scrapbooking. The possibility is endless!
- (stamps) Honey Bee Stamps Warm Wishes, Altenew Holiday Wishes
- (die-cut) Simon Says Stamp Big Picture Book Puppy and Big Picture Book Little Body, Marianne Design’ Kim’s Buddies (*), Memory Box Tiny Candy Canes (*)
- (cardstock) Bazzill’s Marshmallow, Simon Says Stamp Black, MFT Stamp’ Prestige cardstock in color of Lemon Chiffon, Sour Apple, Summer Splash, Electric Red and Red Hot.
- (ink pads) Simon Says Stamp Intense Black & White
- (tools) Sizzix Big Shot, cutting pads, paper trimmer, metal snipper, craft scissor, acrylic block, bone folder
- (other) Ranger Ink’ enamel accent-white, Copic marker in (R00, R11, RV11, RV25, R35, R39), multiliner pen, white pen, foam tape, glue
- Create 3 card bases using Lemon Chiffon cardstock.
- Stamp sentiment from the Warm Wishes and Holiday Wishes set to the card front.
- For each card, die cut the Puppy, twice. First in white. The second in color of Sour Apple, Summer Splash and Black for the ears and eyes. Then, color the nose black.
- Die-cut out the outfits using Electric Red and Red Hot cardstock. Tip: decorate the hat with the snowflake from the Warm Wishes stamp set. For a longer scarf, create your own with leftover cardstock (ex: blue ear puppy card).
- Adhere the body to the card front with foam tape.
- Adhere the puppy on with foam tape.
- Color the tongue and tug into the puppy’s mouth.
- Adhere on the outfit.
- Die-cut candy canes and color them with Copic or any color medium of your choice.
- Create a tiny folded card. Then stamp on the snowflake and write in a sentiment.
- Tug candy canes and tiny card into puppy’s hand.
- Carefully add drops of enamel accent-white on puppy’s eyes
I respect and take the privacy of my users seriously. Thus, effective June 2018, this blog no longer enables comment form on blog posts to ensure that the privacy of your personal data (that directly provided by you when you leave a comment which typically includes your name, username, email and the comment itself) is protected.
Have questions or need to get in touch with me? Please use the contact form below.