Hello! My project tutorial today is of a little piggy in a sparkly winter scene holiday card. This card combined stamping and die-cutting techniques with Copic markers coloring. I used products from Hello Bluebird, Lawn Fawn, Memory Box, and Creative Expressions. The piggy and candy cane are from the Merry Pigs stamp set. The background was created with the Alpine Trees colored with Copic markers, a bird from the Delicate Pine Frame, and a sparkling Snowfall backdrop using Cosmic Shimmer Glitter texture paste. The sparkly ground was created with Copic makers and clear Wink of Stella to complete the scene.
This post is also part of my Cards for Little Hearts’ Winter-Theme & Holiday Cards Collection. This collection runs from October 1st – November 1st. We’re less than 2 weeks away before the collection ends. Please consider sending in a card or two and help us bring joy and comfort to heart patients this holiday season. For the complete guidelines, please check out Cards for Little Hearts’ website.
Card | This Little Piggy Says…Happy Holidays
- (stamps) Hello Bluebird Merry Pigs stamp set
- (die-cut) Memory Box Alpine Trees, Memory Box Delicate Pine Frame, Lawn Fawn Snowfall backdrop
- (cardstock) MFT Blu-Raspberry, Neenah Solar White
- (ink pads) Simon Says Stamp Intense Black
- (Glitters) Creative Creations Cosmic Cosmic Shimmer Glitter texture paste in Frosty, Wink of Stella -Clear, Wink of Stella-Red
- (tools) palette spatula, MISTI, Sizzix Big Shot, cutting pads, paper trimmer, metal snipper, craft scissor, acrylic block, bone folder
- (other) Copic markers in ( YG03, YG06, YG09, YG13, YG67, R11, R000, R30, E000, BG000, BG05, BG07, BG10, B32, RV02, RV04, RV17 ), multiliner pen, foam tape, glue
- Create an A2 size (4-1/4″x5-1/2″) side folded card base using Blu-Raspberry cardstock.
- Cut the Snowfall backdrop on white cardstock. Use it as a stencil by temporary securing it over the card front with washi tape.
- With a palette spatula, evenly spread the Cosmic Shimmer Glitter texture paste over the stencil. Promptly, but carefully remove the stencil by lifting it upward from the card front to prevent smearing. Set aside for the paste to dry.
- Cut out the Alpine Trees using Neenah Solar White cardstock and color the tree and ground with Copic markers. Apply clear Wink of Stella all over the tree and ground.
- Stamp the sentiment on the glittering ground using the MISTI tool.
- Adhere the colored Alpine Trees layer onto the snowfall backdrop card front with foam tape.
- Cut out a bird and color it with Wink of Stella-Red. Sit it at the top of one of the trees.
- Stamp and color the little piggy and candy cane. Fuzzy cut them out. Apply clear Wink of Stella over the candy cane and scarf. Adhere them to the card front with foam tape.
Copic markers in ( YG03, YG06, YG09, YG13, YG67, R11, R000, R30, E000, BG000, BG05, BG07, BG10, B32, RV02, RV04, RV17 )
I respect and take the privacy of my users seriously. Thus, effective June 2018, this blog no longer enables comment form on blog posts to ensure that the privacy of your personal data (that directly provided by you when you leave a comment which typically includes your name, username, email and the comment itself) is protected.
Have questions or need to get in touch with me? Please use the contact form below.