Hey, friends! Today I have two new ARTWORK and two cards to share! I made them for my Cards for Little Hearts’ 2020 Heart-Theme card drive, going on until January 31st. I just finished drawing these images. Each year I try to come up with at least one drawing for the patients. I’m so happy that I am able to produce two this year!
If you have taken part in my card drive, or have visited Cards for Little Hearts’ website, you probably recognize the little teddy that tucked halfway inside the opened envelope. That teddy is the logo for the card drive. I kept him and the teddy with the balloon heart simple, in a line art format to make it easier to color with as I will be including these images in the coloring kits that my family and I are put together for the little heart patients. I have been including coloring kits with the cards for past collections. Each kit contains a pack of 4 crayons and four, A2 size coloring pages that I create with either my drawings, drawings done by my oldest daughter, Catherine, or with a stamped image that I purchased. This year, I will be including these 2 new images along with 2 old images drawn by Catherine, in the kits.
For the supplies list that I used to make these cards, please see below. I apologize, these images will not be available for free download as I am considering converting them into clear stamp sets.
- Stamps: Digital artwork by Christina Hor
- Dies: Simon Says Stamp A2 Thin Frame Wafer
- Cardstock: Reverse Confetti Salsa(*); Neenah Solar White 80#
- Copic markers: RV25, RV29, R29, R35, R37, R46, R89 (Flying Hearts ); RV25, R29, R35, R37 (Big Heart). RV25, R29 (Shirt); E31, E33, E35, E37, YR00 (Bear); BG10 (Light Sky Frame-Teddy w/Heart Balloon); BG34, BG23, BG10, BG000 (Blue Swirly Background); G02, G41, G43 (Grass)
- Ink: Black multiliner, white pen
- Tools: Sizzix Big Shot; cutting plates; die pick; paper trimmer
- Accessories: double-sided adhesive
- Create two A2 side-folded card base using Salsa (red) cardstock.
- Print out the images on white cardstock. Cut out with the A2 thin frame.
- Color images with Copic markers. See the Supplies list section for the Copic color combo.
- Adhere the colored images panel to the card front.
Cards for Little Hearts’ 2020 Heart-Theme
Guidleines & Mailing Address
This collection ends promptly on January 31st.
- Cards must be Handmade. No exception.
- Theme: Must have heart designs
- Front of card: include a general sentiment. NO “Happy Valentine’s Day” please as the cards are to pass out during the entire February month.
- Inside of card:
- Leave blank if cards made by an adult.
- If made by a child, have the child signs the inside with his/her name and age. Example: “Hugs, Sofia – age 6”
- Back of card: optional.
- Can include your full name, nickname, or this card drive watermark.
- Please DO NOT include your email, mailing address, business information, or phone number. Hospital staff cannot distribute cards with any of this information.
- Mailing Address:
c/o Cards for Little Hearts
P.O. Box 517
Dublin, Ohio 43017
Include this card acknowledgment form. Without it, I will have no way of notifying you on receipt of your package.
Share The Message
Please help spread the word by posting this badge on your sidebar or in your blog post. Use hashtag #cardsforlittleheartscarddrive when sharing on social media. Thank you!
I respect and take the privacy of my users seriously. Thus, effective June 2018, this blog no longer enables comment form on blog posts to ensure that the privacy of your personal data (that directly provided by you when you leave a comment which typically includes your name, username, email and the comment itself) is protected.
Have questions or need to get in touch with me? Please use the contact form below.