Hello! Today, I hope to inspire you to use your mini dies in a whole different way. Here’s my project. I used the Poppy Stamps mini Stitched Envelope, form into a heart, and created these cards for heart patients. The sentiments are from the MFT Stamps Heap of Hellos stamp set.
This is also a reminder post for my Cards for Little Hearts’ 2020 Heart-Theme card drive. This collection will end promptly on January 31st. Please consider taking part and together let us shower heart patients at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, The Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital, and Boston Children’s Hospital with love, hope, and encouragement by sending in a card or two for the drive. Please have heart design on your cards, but using general sentiments. No “Happy Valentines Day” as cards will be distributed out during the entire February’s Heart Month. Please see the complete guidelines below at the end of this post or over on Cards for Little Hearts’ website. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Cards Tutorial – Create A Heart w/Mini Envelope Die
Please see below for card’s tutorial. The supplies are listed first, follow by the instruction.
- Stamp: MFT Stamps Heap of Hellos
- Dies: Simon Says Stamp A2 Thin Frame Wafer; Poppy Stamps Stitched Envelope(*); Poppy Stamps Confetti Heart Plate
- Cardstock: red (65#), white
- Inkpad: Simon Says Stamp Intense Black
- Tools: Sizzix Big Shot; cutting plates; die pick; paper trimmer, acrylic block
- Accessories: double-sided adhesive, foam tape
- Create an A2 top-folded card base using red cardstock.
- Cut a white rectangle frame panel with the A2 thin frame first. Then, stamp on the sentiment. Secure the panel to the card front.
- Cut out 5 stitched envelopes on thin red cardstock. No heavier than 65# for easy folding.
- Secure the envelopes to the card panel in 3 rows as followed: Lay the two bottom rows with 2 envelopes on top of each other in a V shape. Then, secure the 5th envelope, at an angle, top-center of the 2nd row. Optional – finish with a tiny white heart on the closed flap.
Cards for Little Hearts’ 2020 Heart-Theme
Guidleines & Mailing Address
- Cards must be Handmade. No exception.
- Theme: Must have heart designs
- Front of card: include a general sentiment. NO “Happy Valentine’s Day” please as the cards are to pass out during the entire February month.
- Inside of card:
- Leave blank if cards made by an adult.
- If made by a child, have the child signs the inside with his/her name and age. Example: “Hugs, Sofia – age 6”
- Back of card: optional.
- Can include your full name, nickname, or this card drive watermark.
- Please DO NOT include your email, mailing address, business information, or phone number. Hospital staff cannot distribute cards with any of this information.
- Mailing Address:
c/o Cards for Little Hearts
P.O. Box 517
Dublin, Ohio 43017
Include this card acknowledgment form. Without it, I will have no way of notifying you on receipt of your package.
Share The Message
Please help spread the word by posting this badge on your sidebar or in your blog post. Use hashtag #cardsforlittleheartscarddrive when sharing on social media. Thank you!
I respect and take the privacy of my users seriously. Thus, effective June 2018, this blog no longer enables comment form on blog posts to ensure that the privacy of your personal data (that directly provided by you when you leave a comment which typically includes your name, username, email and the comment itself) is protected.
Have questions or need to get in touch with me? Please use the contact form below.