Card Tutorial – Hurray! It’s Your Birthday!
Please see below for the tutorial. The supplies are listed first, follow by the instruction.
- Stamp: MFT Stamps’ A Hop, Flip, & A Jump stamp & die combo set with Bitty Bears set
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 80#
- Copic markers: Y17, Y35, YR27 (tiger & giraffe); N0, N2, N4, N6 (rhino); Y17, Y35, YR27, BG23, BG34 (cupcakes & present)
- Black Ink Pad: Simon Says Stamp Intense Black
- Embossing tools: embossing ink, white embossing powder, Ranger’s anti-static powder, Hero Arts’ heat tool
- Ink blending tools: Distress Oxide inks in Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, and Cracked Pistachio, ink blending sponges
- Tools: Sizzix Big Shot; cutting plates; die pick; paper trimmer, embroidery thread, fine tip black pen, scissor
- Accessories: double-sided adhesive, foam tape
- Create a 4×6 size folded card base with white cardstock.
- Cut out a 4×6 panel in white cardstock. Ink blend the background, leaving some white area to separate the sky from the ground. TIP: I used a circular motion to ink blend the sky and side-to-side strokes for the ground. See Supplies section for the distress oxide inks combo.
- Dust the panel entirely with anti-static powder first. This helps keep embossing powder from sticking onto the rest of the cardstock. Stamp and heat emboss the sentiment in white. Watch THIS VIDEO for help on how to heat emboss with ink blending.
- Secure the inked background panel to the card front.
- Stamp, color, and cut out the images. Secure them to the card panel with foam tapes.
I respect and take the privacy of my users seriously. Thus, effective June 2018, this blog no longer enables comment form on blog posts to ensure that the privacy of your personal data (that directly provided by you when you leave a comment which typically includes your name, username, email and the comment itself) is protected.
Have questions or need to get in touch with me? Please use the contact form below.