Hello! For my tutorial today, I have two more heart design cards, both similar in design using the stamp and die products from Poppy Stamps, La La Land Crafts, and Taylored Expressions. I paired the La La Land Crafts Rainbow In Clouds with Poppy Stamps Whittle Panda to create my background. I die cut them first in white. Then color the rainbow, hearts, and panda with Copic markers. The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Background, cut using the coordinating die set.
This post is also part of my Cards for Little Hearts’ 2020 Heart-Theme card drive. I started this card drive for heart patients back in 2016 and this will be my 4th year organizing the heart-theme collection. Please consider taking part and together let us shower heart patients at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, The Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital, and Boston Children’s Hospital with love, hope, and encouragement by sending in a card or two for the drive. Please have heart design on your cards, but using general sentiments. No “Happy Valentines Day” as the cards will be distributed out during the entire February’s Heart Month. Please see the complete guidelines below at the end of this post or over on Cards for Little Hearts’ website. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. This collection will end promptly on January 31st.
Cards Tutorial: Whittle Panda Sending You A Big Hug
Please see below for the tutorials. The supplies are listed first, follow by the instruction.
- Stamp: Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Background rubber stamp(*)
- Dies: La La Land Crafts Rainbow In Clouds; Poppy Stamps Whittle Panda; Taylored Expressions Simple Strips die; Simon Says Stamp A2 Thin Frame Wafer
- Cardstock: Reverse Confetti Salsa(*); Neenah Solar White 80#; Bazzill Easter Grass
- Ink Pads: Simon Says Stamp White; Simon Says Stamp Intense Black
- Copic markers: RV25, R29, R46, R89 (hearts); R29, YR07, Y15, YG17, B02, V09, V06 (rainbow)
- Tools: Sizzix Big Shot, cutting plates, die pick
- Accessories: double-sided adhesive, foam tape; white pen
- Create an A2 side folded card base using Salsa (red) cardstock.
- Cut a white rectangle panel with the A2 thin frame and secure it to the card front with foam tapes.
- Cut out the rainbow in clouds and panda on white cardstock. Color the rainbow, hearts, and panda. Then secure to card panel with foam tapes. *See Supplies section above for the Copic color combo.
- Optional – add grass behind panda with any grass border die.
- Stamp and cut out the simple strips sentiment using the coordinating simple strips die. One on white and one on salsa (red) cardstock.
- Adhere the sentiment strips to the card panel with foam tapes.
Cards for Little Hearts’ 2020 Heart-Theme
Guidleines & Mailing Address
- Cards must be Handmade. No exception.
- Theme: Must have heart designs
- Front of card: include a general sentiment. NO “Happy Valentine’s Day” please as the cards are to pass out during the entire February month.
- Inside of card:
- Leave blank if cards made by an adult.
- If made by a child, have the child signs the inside with his/her name and age. Example: “Hugs, Sofia – age 6”
- Back of card: optional.
- Can include your full name, nickname, or this card drive watermark.
- Please DO NOT include your email, mailing address, business information, or phone number. Hospital staff cannot distribute cards with any of this information.
- Mailing Address:
c/o Cards for Little Hearts
P.O. Box 517
Dublin, Ohio 43017
Include this card acknowledgment form. Without it, I will have no way of notifying you on receipt of your package.
Share The Message
Please help spread the word by posting this badge on your sidebar or in your blog post. Use hashtag #cardsforlittleheartscarddrive when sharing on social media. Thank you!
I respect and take the privacy of my users seriously. Thus, effective June 2018, this blog no longer enables comment form on blog posts to ensure that the privacy of your personal data (that directly provided by you when you leave a comment which typically includes your name, username, email and the comment itself) is protected.
Have questions or need to get in touch with me? Please use the contact form below.