Card Tutorial – Ink Blending Sun Ray Background Birthday Card
Please see below for the tutorial. The supplies are listed first, follow by the instruction.
- Stamp: Mama Elephant Make A Wish; MFT Radiating Rays Mixable Stencil
- Cardstock: white; MFT Prestige cardstock in Wild Cherry; Orange Zest; Lemon Drop; and Blu Raspberry
- Ink pads: Simon Says Stamp Intense Black; MFT Premium Dye Ink Lemon Drop
- Ink blending tools: ink blending brushes
- Tools: Sizzix Big Shot; cutting plates; paper trimmer
- Accessories: double-sided adhesive, foam tape; wink of stella-clear
- Create a 5 x7 side-folded card base on color cardstock of your choice.
- Cut out a 4.75 x 6.75 white card panel. Position the Radiating Rays Mixable stencil onto the card panel, securing it in place with washi tape. Then, starting from the center of the stencil, ink blending in the yellow-ray, first with a heavy hand and then light handed as you gradually working your way outward to achieve a soft edge.
- Next, stamp on the sentiment. TIP: to quickly mass produce a set of cards, use the MISTI stamping tool.
- Secure the card panel to the card front with foam tapes.
- Brush clear Wink of Stella over the sentiment for a sparkly effect.
I respect and take the privacy of my users seriously. Thus, effective June 2018, this blog no longer enables comment form on blog posts to ensure that the privacy of your personal data (that directly provided by you when you leave a comment which typically includes your name, username, email and the comment itself) is protected.
Have questions or need to get in touch with me? Please use the contact form below.